SXSW Panel on Client Interactions
I’m pleased to say that talented designer, developer, and pro advice maven Lea Alcantara is pitching a 2011 SXSW panel on client interactions and has asked me to take part. Along with Rogie King and likely one or two others we’ll be discussing how we maintain professional and successful client relationships.
The SXSW Panel Picker lists the panel thusly:
Getting tired of all the client hate? There are a ton of articles, videos and parodies out there that bemoan the client-vendor relationship. But does it really have to be that bad? A panel of esteemed professionals of all types (freelancers to studio honchos) explain how they get and keep their BEST clients, and how we can turn client meltdowns into client success (which means a happy you).
- What’s the craziest request you’ve fulfilled for a client?
- What are some ground rules you set with clients at the start?
- Give me an example where you turned around a sour situation into an excellent one.
- How much of your client work is based on referrals?
- How important is it to maintain relationships with current clients? How do you maintain them?
If you’re going to SXSW and would like to attend this panel, of just think it’s a worthwhile exercise, vote us up and get us on the schedule!